So, as you can see, this post is dedicated to masquerade masks, a very important and elegant accessory each lady that loves Halloween, balls or just parties. There are a lot of occasions for using masquerade mask during different holidays, parties, entertainment events. As well as there are different styles and types of mask, each one symbolizing a new character, a new story, a new inspiration and a new example for us. The following masquerade masks should serve as inspiration. Check them out and make a choice.
As we know, when masquerade balls became an essential part of life, lots of masks already were “in vogue”, recognized as favorite for many women. And, consecutively, love and trend for masks turned habitual not only for aristocrats, but also for entire society. Shortly, masks became utilized by non-aristocratic citizens to cover up some suspicious and unwanted activity.
During 16th century, namely the epoch of Italian renaissance, Masquerade balls became public affairs with dances, gossips, even different other original entertainment tricks, often used for celebrating Venetian Carnevale.
Then masks were made from different well-known or new original materials, for example:
- felt etc.
Types of masks
Different types of masks are intended for different type of carnivals and parties. Each of them requires different outfits, accessories and details. Also, people with diverse sense of style, status and attitude will choose different masks.
A mask designed as comfortably covering the entire face. Has an inclusion of over-prominent nose, projecting line. Without mouth.
Usually added to a red / black cape and tricorn.
A half-mask. Covers eyes, nose, cheeks. Decorated gold, silver elements, crystals, jewelry and diamonds. Tied with ribbon.
- Medico della peste
White mask covered with crystal discs. Today this type of mask is much more attractively decorated.
Preferable to wear with black hat, long black cloak and white gloves.
A small black velvet mask and no lips. Sometimes is finished with a veil.
Frequently decorated, secured with a ribbon. Covers the entire face.
Wear with tricorn and cloak.
Masks remain as an enigmatic and mysterious symbol, never mind how relevant and popular are masquerade balls at the moment.
Here are some reasons you can use mask nowadays for any party to make your costume more elegant, mysterious and unpredictable.
- Masks set you apart from the crowd.
- They develop an extravagant, original and new style.
- They are really memorable and give others an unique opinion about you, your outfit and event your personality.
- Your mask can always provoke a new conversation
- Masks don’t impose fashion or style obligations
- They add you confidence and make you feel more confident, attractive and powerful
- They transform any simple and boring costume in an unusual and extraordinary one.
- You can represent yourself in a new way, try another type of behaviour
- You can hide kind of a defect or what confuses you in your face.
- And of course – no need for much make-up. (Well, I think, it’s also a very powerful argument)
Nowadays, masquerade balls and masquerade events serve different functions, for example social gatherings, charity events… Masks are required for each guests, every time there are such competitions like “Best Carnival Mask” or “Best Costume”. Thanks to the evolution of masquerade masks we always have plain space for fashion and style ideas.